front panhard rod.

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: front panhard rod.
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:35:14 -0400
Maybe the Vanderpools meant front sway bar.

I hope we won't see any postings from folks wanting to know why their
front Panhard rod is missing. It's missing because it was never
installed on Tigers and Alpines.

Panhard rods are used just on live axle, de dion, and on the rear of fwd
cars with non-irs rear axles. They are used to keep the lateral
relationship from changing between the chassis and axle.

The only front axles that you're likely to see them installed on are
four-wheel-drive vehicles with solid front axles, and never on cars with
independent front suspension. Class dismissed.