Re: Panhard rod

To: Matthew P Bouchelle <mbouchel@juno.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Panhard rod
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 13:02:12 -0700
Matt,

I figured that message would get you out in the garage post haste. I'm
happy to hear you see the evidence so common in Tigers of the ripped out
bracket. That by itself is probably more than sufficient evidence of
authenticity for even the most scrupulous inspector.

Restore away with full confidence!!

TTFN,

Bob

At 08:55 AM 9/25/99 -0400, Matthew P Bouchelle wrote:
>Thanks to all who replied on the panhard rod.  This answer was most
>appropriate in my case.  I have the bracket on the rearend on the drivers
>side.  I just went out and looked and I have some odd shaped holes on the
>passenger's side inner frame rail that looks like something was torn from
>it long long ago.  I will assume I am missing the bracket AND the rod.
>
>Matt
>
>On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:52:17 -0700 Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
>writes:
> >Matt,
> >
> >Yes, I believe they all came with Panhard rods installed. The
> >welded-in
> >brackets often broke, or the rod was removed for other reasons. There
> >should be some evidence where the bracket is or used to be. Absence of
> >such
> >should raise some suspicions.
> >
> >Bob

Robert L. Palmer