Tranny Question

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny Question
From: Chris Vaught <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:47:29 -1000
Today i went to the place where i bought my tiger. it is basically a junk
yard. while i was there i notice two early 4 speed top loaders. i know that
the output shaft on the tiger is shorter but by how much? these two had 15
1/2" tail shafts. my tiger appears to be 15 3/8". it was just a quick
measure at the lot so i could be off 1/8". the numbers are heh e 011839 and
heh e 011121. Are these tiger tranny's or is there some othere differences
that i do not know of. one of them had the tiger linkage all but the shift
lever. if you have any info please get back to me asap.
thanks
chris