RE: Ammeter connections

To: "'Mark Meswarb'" <mmeswarb@itexas.net>,
Subject: RE: Ammeter connections
From: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 00:57:32 -0400

My understanding is the original wiring diagram is incorrect, and most wiring
harnesses do not have correct connection points.  Any clarifications from
anyone else on the list would be most appreciated by me as well...

I ran two new wires.  Using a heavy gauge, (like 16 or lower), run from one
side of the ammeter to the cluster of wires on the starter solenoid (sp?).
Remove the cluster, and using a bolt, bolt them all together with the ammeter
wire.  wrap securely with shrink-wrap or somesuch.  Then run another wire from
the solenoid post back to the other end of the ammeter.  Switch the wires at
the ammeter if it is running wrong (of course you need to know if you're
charging or not!).

Chris Thompson
Executive Vice President
Recognition Research, Inc.