Windshield mounting

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield mounting
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:19:46 -0500
Listers,
I am now ready to re-install my windshield and except for detail about where
to place the rubber shims I am ready to go with a freshly painted windscreen
frame. For those of you who have done this can you tell me where to put
sealer and where to rely on the rubber seal. My understanding is that you
place the seal directly under the Windshield frame and then put the caulking
strips under the rubber seal between it and the body surface. I plan a trial
fit and will set up the gaps before mounting anything permanently. It
appeared before that the frame might have been spread a bit as the lower
portion of the windshield seal did not quite reach the lower edge of the
frame and I will check soon. I will make dimension checks to help others in
lining up the frame once I figure it out. I will rely on my old collision
repair experience to try to find a simple process to lining it up. If ANYONE
has some tips I would really appreciate some detailed help. Steve L. has
been very helpful and given me the dimensions of the shim at 1/4" thick 1"
wide and tapering off at 2" long forming a wedge. It would be nice to know
where the shim is positioned and whether on other frames there is a cavity
located at the last stud or whether it is filled with a rigid sealer.
Please help!!
Regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680