Ginger Update

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ginger Update
From: BCARTUS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:18:09 EDT
Hello Suni friends & those concerned. A few of you have asked about Ginger
(Townsend) that was in the accident coming back from SUNI III. She is still
recovering slowly, but there has been improvment. The first plastic surgery
to put her scalp back on went well (last month) and her hair is coming in
nicely! (Think I'll have this surgeon do my softtop installation!). She will
be having another surgery to improve the scar that is on the right side of
her head next to her eye. All tubes ecept her feeding tube have been removed
for a few weeks now.

She gets physical therapy daily and the nurses tell me she is taking steps! I
saw a walker in her room so I am assuming she uses that some. She still goes
"in & out"... that is, she seems to be very alert at times, then back to a
less communicative state. Last Saturday night, Don & Penny Johnson came down
from North Carolina to attend an Atlanta Sunbeam gathering at Robert
Jackson's place (Jack was with us when we crashed). We visited Ginger that
evening and she actually said a few words! The nurses said she was
"talking"... what a joy to hear those few words! She still nods yes & no to
basic questions. She seemed to remember Don & Penny too!

She is looking better every day, but again, progress is very slow. There is
no long term prognosis, so please keep her on your prayer lists! I am sure
they are being answered. Pray too that her daughter can handle the stress of
keeping her mom's stuff in order. She is the only offspring and teaches
elementary school full time. I try to help out when I can with keeping her
yard in order and visits.

Thanks again to all who have sent cards and sent emails!

Bill Cartus
Former B9471131
P.S. I'm still searching for a replacement Tiger, but in no hurry.