Autotramsmission swap

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Autotramsmission swap
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 18:41:22 -0400
Folks,
        Today with the help of Rob Kempinski (Blue Golfer) I got the 351C
with C4 automatic back into the Tiger II. The transmission mount was 1/2"
back from the Manual mount; therefore I had to move the holes in the
transmission mount back to match. I was able to dent the cross member tube
with a hammer after drilling the upper edge of the cross member tube (under the
mounting flange).  After denting the tube in two places I welded the
tube.  Had to dent the cross tube to clear the nuts/lock washers after
moving the
mounting slot back 1/2 inch.  Fits fine now.  The fill/dipstick tube does
not fit at all.  Will aquire flexable fill/dipstick tube from aftermarket.

        Still so hot in Florida that by 3:30 I am near heat stroke.

        Will be going to Seal Beach, California for a couple of months
starting mid October. Will fly out, (no Tiger). I have yet to see a Tiger
in California.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others