Re: WARNING

To: tigers@autox.team.net (Tigers), alpines@autox.team.net (Alpines),
Subject: Re: WARNING
From: tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 99 16:57:16 CDT
On the Tigers list, Craig Wright writes:
> I received an e-mail through the Tigers list and Majordom
> that I believe is a virus. The program appears to perpetuate
> itself through mailing lists like the Melissa virus. it
> seems aimed at Microsoft Outlook users. I would suggest that
> you don't open it, just delete it. The subject is "Check
> this" and it is from Jane Bedell,  bedel003@tc.umn.edu.

It is definitely a virus, and it is definitely aimed at Outlook.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-429558.html

Steps have been taken to insure the virus will not appear in the
Tiger list archives.

It would not surprise me to see in the very near future that messages
containing VBS scripts will be rejected by the team.net mail server.

--
T.J. Higgins
tjhiggin@ingr.com