Coronado Races

To: "Tiger's" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coronado Races
From: Craig Wright <craig@p-d-g.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:52:30 -0700
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a couple of Tigers to join a parade in San
Diego following is a description. Let me know if you are
interested. E-mail or phone would be fine.

There will again be a parade on the Friday before the
Chrysler Speed Festival, Oct 22. This year we want to draw
attention to the RetroMobile show as well as the vintage
races. We will form up in front of the convention center
between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00. This will constitute a display
open to the public at the entrance to the show. We will
depart the convention center at 6:00. The route will be
through downtown, onto I-5 south, exit Palm Ave. west, and
then up the Silver Strand into Coronado. We are working with
some restaurants in Coronado to provide protected parking
and some special deals on their menu for dinner.

Due to the overwhelming interest in the races by all of the
car clubs, and our desire to promote the vintage aspect of
the weekend, participation in the parade is limited to a
total of 50, pre-1973 cars. The selection will be made on a
first come, first selected basis. Please reserve your place
by October 7th by calling the following numbers. The
participants can reserve a spot individually or you could
call with a total from the San Diego Mustangs . When making
a reservation leave your name, telephone number, club, year
and model of your car and, if you are responding for your
entire club, the number of cars from your club. We also need
to know how many in your group will be having dinner in
Coronado.

Day  (858) 569-3484
Eve.  (619) 563-9389

The Wheels section of the Union Tribune will publicize the
event and route the weekend before the races. This should
result in a lot of spectators along the city portions of the
route. It is planned that Mark Maynard, the editor of the
Wheels section, will be driving the lead car.

Hope to se ya' there,

Craig Wright
SoCal SAAC