Re: Tigers Win!!

To: jrv309@inreach.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tigers Win!!
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:35:12 EDT
Tom has been chasing this championship for about ten years or so, almost won
a couple of times, but just couldn't get past some of the newer tech/factory
supported Toyotas, Porsches etc.
It is very exciting to hear of his perserverance leading to success. I
wouldn't be surprised to see some upbeat, National attention in the motoring
press!
When I last spoke to Tom, a couple of years ago (at the time I was writing an
article about his team's efforts for STOA's newsletter), he was about to bail
due to SCCA regulation changes, competitor's protesting the Tiger and the
generally high cost of racing. I am very pleased that he stuck with the
program.
Congrats also to Barry, who proves (once again) that he can concentrate for
more than the 60-90 seconds an autocross requires :-). (no flames, just a
joke)
Mike