New Guy

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Guy
From: Jonathan Evans <jonathan.evans@microcraftcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:25:02 -0400
Thought I would drop a line to the list as I've just signed up in digest
mode.
Quick background:

-My father owns a "Alpine 260"
-bought it in spain (lhd)
-restored it about ten years ago
-this is not a show car
-looking to put new engine in it (again).

car hasn't run for at least a year.  Out of balance 302 motor along with
busted radiator has kept it in the garage.  Long story, but original 260
block is not available.

Looking to put a Jasper's 302 balanced engine/flywheel combination in it
with new clutch.  Old clutch slipped since it was put in.  Probably have
lots of questions once that gets underway.  Just saw some info on the
Centerforce Gold.

Unfortunately, I live 2.5 hours from my father and the car.  So, specific
questions about the car may not be able to be answered in any efficient
manner.  My father is not internet savvy.

Just found the Rootes Group Depot web site. I'm looking for answers here
before letting loose on the list.

Here's a puzzle to start off with

Thanks!

Jonathan