Automatic Transmission/fuel pump/Irene

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Automatic Transmission/fuel pump/Irene
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:21:43 -0400
Folks,
        Finally today I took a test drive with the 351C C4 automatic
Tiger II.  Initial backing out to the garage was sort of odd.  My
feet still wanted to operate the clutch.  The automatic seems to
work well.  However; on the way back, after a 20 minute run I
was suddenly stopped with the Holly Red electric fuel pump
not working.  15 minutes later the pump started again and I was able
to get home.  I did have good voltage to the pump, apparently
it has a temperature related internal failure.  Will check that out
in mid December when I get back from California.  I leave tomorrow.
I will attempt to keep up with the Tiger mail remotely.  My wife will
forward the mail to my business account which I can remotely access.
        Had a little rain and wind when Irene came by at 6 to 10 Am
yesterday.  Lost most of the screen panels on the pool enclosure
and several boards off the fence.  Had to move my wife's car as It
appeared that the wind was trying to down a large maple tree
on it.  Just 80+ Mph wind.  I was working on the Tiger with the
garage door open, watching things fly by.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others