Re: Boss Tiger?

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Boss Tiger?
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:38:31 EST
In a message dated 11/1/99 10:17:00 AM EST, cv_bruce@pacbell.net writes:

<< In the L.A. area during the early '80s, there was a guy named Larry Paul.
 He installed a turbo-charged Boss 302 into his very modified Tiger.
 Anyone seen him around since then ?
 Ramon ??? >>

Larry Paul?  I haven't seen or heard from him in a long, long time.  He had
either just finished or was about to finish up his university studies, and
was going to be looking for the requisite employment-type situation.

The editorship of Tiger Tales was coming available, and he had asked about
maybe volunteering to do it.  I advised him to take a little time off, and
get himself situatated first--We didn't have PCs and word processors back
then, and the monthly newsletter was a very heavy two-weeks-on/two-weeks-off
"opportunity" for the editor.

We featured his "California Tiger" in the February/1983 issue of Tiger Tales.
 "The turbocharged engine puts out 630 horsepower and 515 lbs/ft of torque at
the 6500 rpm redline, with 22 pounds of boost from the turbo," it said.  And
. . . "accelerates from 20 to 140 mph in approximately five seconds . . ."
Pretty awesome machine!

Ramon