oil gauge fittings

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: oil gauge fittings
From: tsmit@home.com
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 21:27:04 -0700
Hi all,

So the copper line that runs to the oil pressure gauge fractured and
broke off at the engine last weekend (Tim, that's what the oil leak was
- I hope). I could, of course, just run down to the hardware store and
get a new ferrule for the oil line and then NOT tighten it until pinched
the sh!t out of the line, but I'd rather get some Earl's hardware and
run a braided flex line to the gauge. However, English gauges being as
they are, the thread on the gauge is not pipe thread.

1. So what is it? Does Earl's make an adapter to go from there to a -3
male fitting? Does anyone go from the gauge to pipe thread?
2. It seems to me that I heard Rick carried just such a stainless
braided replacement line. How complete is it (i.e. what other fittings
do I need to buy), and what does it cost?

Thanks,

Theo Smit
tsmit@home.com
B382002705