Re: Tiger Hardtop Story

To: DCStory@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger Hardtop Story
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 01:53:17 EST
In a message dated 11/15/99 10:07:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
DCStory@aol.com writes:

<<                FOR SALE:  Hoover Vacuum $, Maytag Dishwasher $,
                 Kenmore Washer & Dryer $, Sunbeam Mixmaster $,
                   Sunbeam H-Top $50.

 I called and sure enough it was a hardtop for a Sunbeam car.  Went right
over
 and found an almost perfect hardtop (small cracks in the rear side windows
 where the bolt goes thru)  for $50 ... of course I felt since I had driven
 all that 10 miles to see it I had to haggle a little.      Got a great
 hardtop for  ......... Believe It Or Not $35.00 >>

I love it! That is one of the best Tiger parts stories I've heard. I imagine
that was some time ago.
Makes me want to take a ride up to a (secret) place I know of in deep
Northern California where a guy has a '65 Tiger and a '66 GT350 sitting in
his barn. Only problem is I think he has a pretty good idea of what he
has...maybe "too good" of an idea ("those Shelby's are worth $100,000, never
mind the paint, the flares, the missing hood, etc.")
Mike