Hood and Rack Questions

To: "'Tiger Mail List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood and Rack Questions
From: Les McClelland <les.mcclelland@wcom.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:38:29 -0600
Hello,

I am new to the list, but not to Tigers. I have a 65 MK-1A that is mostly
restored, and have owned it for 11 yrs. I have a problem that I hope someone
can help me solve.

I am unable to get my hood open and it is driving me nuts. This happened
several years ago and after days of attempts it magically opened, but I have
no assurance I will be that lucky again...any ideas? I think when I do
finally get it open I will throw the original mechanism away and install the
pin lock system used on drag cars.

Also, I am needing to replace the rack in this car. Where can they be
obtained, how much are they, and how difficult is it to install?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Les McClelland
Sr. Analyst
MCI WorldCom