Re: Winterizing

To: Patrick Lauber <lauber@tusco.net>
Subject: Re: Winterizing
From: "Pete Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@valpak.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:04:12 -0500
Yes, I use Klotz octane boost in my Brit Bikes. Those bikes were born in
the days of 100+ octane leaded gasoline, and don't run well on the stuff
they try to pass off as gasoline these days.

Klotz is a green colored octane booster, lead substitute and fuel
stabilizer built into one product. An ounce per gallon raises the octane
2 1/2 points, and increases the shelf life by 6 months or so (I don't
have a can in front of me). I usually mix my '70 Commando, which is near
10:1 ratio to 100 1/2 octane by their formula. You can really feel the
difference. The bike starts easier, runs cooler and smoother and has
much more power.

I start with a good brand premium "high test" of 93 octane such as
Mobil, Chevron, or Amoco. If you're mixing for a motorbike, avoid Fina
or Citgo, unless you want to roast a piston. Put in the required amount
in the tank, and add gasoline. I buy in 16oz cans, a case of ten cans at
a time which saves a little money. It's about $6.25 per can here in FLA.
They claim it is safe for catalytic converters.

Sometimes the bikes sit for many weeks untouched, and the gas always
looks and smells fresh when I go to ride again.

Great stuff!

Peter S.
B9471799