Gas Slams

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Slams
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:16:05 -0800
OK, first I got slammed when I suggested a way to drain the gas tank -
because you shouldn't leave a tank empty or else it might/will rust.  Then
I got slammed about emptying a tank after storage since there are additives
available to keep the gas stable.

BUT, if I helped educate just ONE person about all this, and saved just ONE
person the hassles I went through (because of my previous ignorance on
this), then I consider it a job well done.

Besides, somehow I figure that there are plenty of folks out there that,
despite all the best of intentions, have had cars sitting for years - and
they never thought to put gas stablizer in prior to becoming idle.  (You do
have to put the stablizer in before storing, right?)

Jay