Re: Power Steering

To: "W_Pierzga" <W_Pierzga@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Power Steering
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:56:35 -0800
At 01:58 PM 11/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi:
>
>Anyone out there have any experience with installing power steering on a
>Tiger????? My wife would like to drive the beastie but I am not too keen on
>her growing arms like a trucker....
>
>I have seen some talk about using a Pinto rack. Anyone done this??? Any
>words of wisdom??? If not then I may just take it on as a winter project.

        Our March/April 1997 issue of Tiger Tracks had a Tech Tip on Jim Roney's
power steering installation.  He used a late Mustang rack and the Tip has a
complete parts list as well as an out of the car photo of the crossmember
with the rack installed.  I also have a Mustang rack cut into an Alpine
crossmember in the location which should eliminate the Ackerman problems.
This project is still in development.  Jim's installation has been on the
road for several years.

Tom Hall