VARA races last weekend

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: VARA races last weekend
From: "scott van every" <irishve@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:46:31 PST
Hello Listers:
This last weekend in Las Vegas I attended the VARA historic auto races.
Sunbeam was well represented with no fewer than 5 tigers and Larry Young's
red Alpine. The Tigers were represented by Dan Walters, Tom Sakai, Dale
Akuszewski, and two other drivers that I did not recognize. The VARA events
are a lot faster and more competitive then the HMSA events I have seen.
After taking a year off for hip replacement surgery, Dale A. is back and
flying.  His right hand drive Tiger was mixing it up with the Cobras, 427
Vettes and GT 350's. He was doing some serious driving and getting the
attention of all who attended. It was two days of great racing, in a fun
city!  The next VARA event is scheduled for Buttonwillow on FEB. 4th-5th.
Scott