Re: Learning curve of new owner

To: Hipo67@aol.com
Subject: Re: Learning curve of new owner
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:18:01 EST
In a message dated Mon, 29 Nov 1999  8:44:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Hipo67@aol.com writes:

> Thanks for all who have helped me so far in answering my questions.
>
> Here goes with another.  (As a reminder, I had just recently bought a Tiger
> [B9472068] in pieces).
>
> In looking over the boxes of parts, I can't seem to find or maybe I have just
> failed to identify what the clutch activation mechanism looks like.  I do not
> have the bell housing or clutch fork, nor the mechanical linkage (I presume)
> that activates it from the clutch pedal.  Does it use a rod and z-bar system?
>  Or does it use a hydraulic mechanism.  Is there somewhere on the net to look
> at a picture of the system?  Or does someone out there have a picture of it
> to share with me?
>
> Again Thanks
> Gene
> Sioux City, Iowa
> B9472068

Gene-
Yes, Tiger clutches are hydraulically actuated. You should have a master
cylinder and slave with pushrod. The slave bracket is a Tiger only piece, as
far as I know, but is pretty easy to fabricate. The master and slave cylinders
are available.
Mike