Re: Electronic Ignition or snake oil

To: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition or snake oil
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:50:27 -0500
Theo, has hit the electronic nail on the head again.  I used their plugs
12 years ago, as they were the best available at the time.

The MSD is an excellent system, that I have used on two previous Vettes,
with an increase of gas mileage of 3 mpg, with no other change.  This
equates to efficiency, when you add mpg, and the performance world uses
the MSD for nearly all cars.

The complete Jacob's system is very expensive, and also negotiable with
their salesmen.

For the money, also saved, I chose to go with the MSD, good wires, and a
Mallory Magnetic Distr, and coil.  I may not be 100% of the Jacob's, but
close, and money saved.

The 2 items that have given me the most for the buck are the MSD and K&N
filters.  This is on a daily driver.  One of the car mags did a study of
HP/$ and it was suprising what you did or did not get for your money.

Larry