Jacobs electronics

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Jacobs electronics
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:35:53 -0600
Chris, Theo and Listers,
I have not used the Jacobs ignition but we did try a "high tech"
electromotive system that had individual coils for each cylinder, a crank
trigger and individual advance curves. We tried it on the dyno and were
unable to get the  performance increases, that were claimed. It could have
been that it was too high tech for us and in the end found that with all of
the adjustments we wound up with less horsepower than with the HEI
distributor core and an MSD 6T. The difference was significant in that there
was about an 18 horse difference. We wound up running the simpler
alternative and it was bullet proof.
My 2 cents.
Tim Ronak