Exhaust heat crossover

To: "'cvaught@hawaii.rr.com'" <cvaught@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Exhaust heat crossover
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 09:32:30 -0600
Chris,
That little hole is to help provide quick warm-up for the EGR on most cars.
It allows exhaust gases to flow through the intake and choke passages to
warm up the engine (Carb) quicker.  In the past I have covered this as the
aftermarket carbs I used had an electric choke and rendered this less than
useful. You will probably get better explanations to follow but I would
leave it blocked off and not give it a second thought.
Regards,
Tim Ronak