inquiry 120699c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 120699c
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:05:54 -0600
        It's high risk on the roads these days, but some things one cannot
do anything about. Some kid driving a carload of his buddies around in a
Subaru wagon almost caused multiple accidents trying to catch the GQ in
traffic to get a look at it yesterday -- and I wasn't even going
particularly fast. I waited until the football game was on TV, figuring the
roads would be empty, before venturing out. Wrong.

Mike Wood wrote:
>I wouldn't worry too much about the Mustang.
>With all the money Ford is making on what is
>basically a spruced up 1976 Fairmont,

        I'm going to have to take your word on that one. I distinctly recall
the Fairmont replacing the Maverick for the _1978_ model year. However, I
also recall a few references in magazines to a Fairmont earlier than that
for the Australian market; I have no idea if it's the same car or if it was
available in 1976 or not. Either way, they got a lot of mileage out of one
platform, about as bad as the would-it-ever-die Volvo 142 platform.

Paul J. Burr wrote:
http://poseur.4x4.org/

        Truly funny, also truly sad. I need a periscope installed in each
vehicle I own to see in traffic, as 1/2 the vehicles on the roads around
here are SUV's or that Jersey-wall-on-wheels, the minivan.
        This site is a must-see, almost as good as beaterz.com

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333