Re: Interest in T-shirt

To: bartdog@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Interest in T-shirt
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:07:15 EST
In a message dated 12/6/99 6:58:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bartdog@mindspring.com writes:

<< Do your homework and you could put this to your advantage.
 The IROC Firebird/Trans Am (Firebird body on Winston Cup Chassis) Used a 390
 cfm instead of a 650/750cfm.  The throttle response was quicker and it
 actually improved traction (Less throttle induced Overstear).  If I can find
 the article I will forward the info.

Great point regarding killing top end horsepower and picking up lower end
throttle response. I guess I was kind of looking at some of the moves the
SCCA has put on a number of cars over the years. If you've followed the Tiger
saga, which goes all the way back to the '60s and the LAT option issue, you
are aware as to how difficult they have made it for first Tom and now both
Barry and Tom to run the GT2 class. I'm sure it has nothing to do with first
the Porsche 944 (factory supported) and then the Toyota (oh yeah, also
factory supported with a nice amount of money thrown in by TRD) feeling the
heat of Team Tiger.
Still wanting to believe in the conspiracy theory :-)
Mike