Re: clutch bracket

To: cvaught@hawaii.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch bracket
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:36:56 EST
In a message dated 12/9/99 4:20:06 PM, cvaught@hawaii.rr.com writes:

<<  have a mkII clutch bracket for my six bolt 289 mkIa. this is the al
bracket from cat. the bad news is that it looks like i may have to pull my
engine to put it on. now for my question. are there any spacers between the
bellhousing and the bracket? it looks like the slave bolts will interfere
with the housing without them?
Thanks >>

 No Chris
 You do NOT have to pull the engine to install the bracket.the mounting bolts
for the bracket are the same ones that join the engine to the trans
bellhousing(with the block plate in between) on the drivers side.The bolts
pass thru the bracket ,thru the bell and thread into the back of the engine
block.I understand it is normal practice to braze/weld a support rib to the
aluminum CAT  so the bracket will not bend while in use.
Tony