inquiry 121699a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 121699a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 06:49:43 -0600
(A) I ran across the following site yesterday; anyone familiar with it? Is
the moderator there also on this List? I wonder if there's enough Tiger
activity to support two e-mail groups; however, I joined anyway out of
curiosity (the procedure to 'join' is a PIA, BTW).
http://communities.msn.com/NorthAmericanSunbeamTigerEnthusiasts

(B) I saw the below item on eBay:
"Three once beautiful Aurora Slotcars Item #220454372 Finally, a Sunbeam
Tiger with the top cut, the rear wheelwells butchered. No chrome there."
        I'm not so sure, but perhaps. Back in the 1960's I must have had
about every Aurora HO car made, from the "vibrators" on, and do not recall a
Tiger. Hard to tell, though in the condition depicted in the photo. Looking
at the roofline's length -- or what it would have been before so much
chopping -- I'd suspect it's actually a Maserati 3500GT instead, which has
similar fender and quarter lines. I know Aurora made that, I had one. Any
Tiger Folk out there know for sure either way? I'd expect that, if there had
been a mass-produced Tiger HO-scale slot car, that they'd be common
knowledge and would surface frequently enough that some of us would own one
(although I'd hope _not_ at the prices paid for the 1/32nd scale
Strombeckers!), right? Anyhow, I've looked at a few of the Maserati's on
eBay checking for differences, and there's nothing conclusive. The Masers
had a moulded-in hood scoop and side vents, and the alleged Tiger shows
'blotches' in the photo at both places, as if those features were puttied
over. Caveat emptor, I guess.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333