Tigers Hit Big Time...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tigers Hit Big Time...
From: Lon Walters <lon@sedona.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:33:04 -0700
?Excuse, if this is a repeat of someone else’s observation, have been off the
net for
a few weeks...

Received our “beloved” Keith Martin’s Sports Car Market , newest Pocket Price
Guide.
Apparently
Norm’s hammering of their review of a bogus MK2 awhile back has them taking
notice of
Tiger’s
in general.

Low and behold, a Tiger is listed among his Top 20 Picks for the year 2000.  It
wins
in the category “Best Value in a
British Sports Car $10,000-$25,000, and states in part:

“These mid-60's cars have the Cobra-like combination of Ford power and
shoehorned
into a
British chassis.  The power-to-weight- ratio make the Tiger a strong performer,
although it isn’t
so powerful that it will tie its frame rails into knots.  Sunbeam and Ford
parts are
readily available
and make this Anglo-American hybrid easy to live with and repair.”

“Watch our for fake Tigers created by sticking a Ford V-8 into an Alpine
chassis,
highly modified
engines (it is easy to make a Tiger to powerful for its chassis).”

Values stated run from “Concours $18-25,000,” to “Hopeless $4-7,000.”

Other comments run a low on “visual appeal” to a high in “Ease of Ownership.”
Obviously they
haven’t tried to change a rear wheel stud lately...