Gano and Motorsports

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gano and Motorsports
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 20:28:41 -0500
I took advantage of the un-seasonably warm New England weather on Sunday
to finally button the Tiger up for the winter.  The weather may have
been great, but the local DPW salted the black ice on Saturday night, so
that's the end of this Sunbeam season.

Anyway, I made two interesting discoveries as I changed the oil and the
coolant.

The GANO filter in my upper hose did have a couple small flakes of rust,
and a couple large flakes of RTV sealer, of the color I used when I did
the hoses many years back, and on the water pump job in 1978.  So this
filter is
clearly worth having.  I just pushed the filter elements into the hose
at the radiator end, rather than using the whole body, and they did not
come out as easily as I'd hoped.  Next time, I may try soldering a
handle onto the rings, or something else.

Now, during the oil change, I found that the Motorsports right angle
filter adapter was slightly loose.  There were no leaks evident, but it
would move a bit.  I tightened the bolt a couple faces worth, and it
seems OK now.  Those of you with a similar piece should probably check
it out.

Stu