Re: Dash components trivia questions

To: cloverdale <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: Dash components trivia questions
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:08:51 +0000
cloverdale wrote:

> Where is the blower switch located on Tigers equipped with two speed blower
> motors?

On the left of the steering column, with a TAG label.

> Are the plugs for the Alpine choke mounting hole and the Alpine overdrive
> lamp hole the same?  If not how do they differ?

I have a Tiger with two blocked off holes, and had an Alpine.  The choke hole is
on the right side, near the 'glove box', the overdrive control switch is on the
steering column, like the turn signal, but  opposite.  The overdrive indicator
light is on the upper left corner.

> Are either of these plugs the same for the blower switch mounting hole on
> Tigers with 1-speed blower motors?

Don't know, as I have a 65 (B9472289 - not that far from yours) model with two
speeds, but I suspect they are the same.  The 'speeds' are not from fan changes,
but from an extra switch position and a large external resistor.

> What does the dash mounting hardware look like on a MKI Tiger (non-vinyl
> dash)?

You mean the middle hang-down brackets, or the BIG phillips head screws, or
what?
If you have NO dash mounting hardware, do you mean it has been lost, and your
dash
is hanging from the wires, or that it was never there?

Your "one set dash plug hardware" is not clear.  If you have no accessory
equipment, you would have a Rootes plastic emblem where the clock would go, a
black button in the hole where an Alpine had a choke, and a chrome button in the
hole for the Alpine overdrive light.  Unless you've got a 'refinished' dash, and
these were left off.  The recover skin may have been applied over the original,
so
the holes should be on the back side of a new skin.  Look behind your dash (if
you
can fit).

BTW: The Cigar(ette) Lighter was an accessory.

> Frank Marrone
> B9471116
> w/ 1-speed blower motor
> & 1 set dash plug hardware
> & no dash mounting hardware

>From the guy who screwed up on the dash light switch.  {9-<

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/