Water Pumps

To: Tigers submission <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water Pumps
From: Harry Elam <HBElam@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:43:07 -0500
Strange to read about  "flow kooler water pumps", since one of the
earlier fixes was to replace the original " FORD" water pump with
one that has fewer vanes to slow down the flow.  There was
concern about too high a flow rate.  For you engineers, I fully
appreciate the formula for heat transfer in any heat exchanger.

I have bought two pumps from a California shop over the 20+
years I have been Tiger-ing and they seem to work fine.  If
anyone is interested the name of this shop it is listed in
my old version of Shop Tips or I will look it up and provide
off-line.  As background, the last time I had the engine out
of my car I had the radiator recored in Long Beach, CA
by an industrial shop.  They used a more efficient core
than original but I do not have the specifics. My car runs
about 180 degrees during warm summer months at sustained
80 mph top down and at thermostat minimum (170) during the
winter.  If required to idle for long periods the temp gauge shows
190+.   It has never boiled over since installing this radiator.
I still run the stock fan with shroud.

Harry Elam
B382000471