Random questions

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Random questions
From: Richard F Flynn <rflynn@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:02:15 +0000
1) When I use my left-turn signal, it blinks weakly and irregularly.  Jiggling
the stock seems to have a little effect but no real strong correlation to
whether it blinks or not.  The right-turn signal works perfectly and the light
is strong.  Any comments?  Is it likely to be a bad contact in the steering
column or is a bad flasher-unit more probable?

2) Any suggestions for keeping the thermostat in the correct position when I try
to mount the neck back onto the manifold?  It keeps slipping out of it's little
groove every time I try to mount it.

3) On my steering column, I have a stalk on the left side, opposite the turn
signal stalk.  It doesn't seem to be connected to anything.  I couldn't find any
reference to it in the Tiger manual or any of the other docs I have.  Can anyone
tell me what it is supposed to be for (or shouldn't it be there?)  (FYI, the car
is originally a Texas car that has been flipped to a right-hooker back here in
scenic downtown London.)

4) Are there supposed to be little rubber boots over the base of the stalk(s) on
the steering column?

thanks in advance

rick