Re: tires for stock wheels

To: Donovan Smith <donscr8@earthlink.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires for stock wheels
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 15:21:49 -0800
Don,

This is one of those few cases where bigger is not better. The guys at Tire
America know what they are talking about. If you want to run those sexy,
wide profile tires, you should first get some wider rims. If you want to
have it stock for show, then buy a set of bias-ply equivalent to the
original 590 or 600X13 that were on the original 4.5" width rims.

Bob

At 03:30 PM 1/29/00 -0600, Donovan Smith wrote:
>i was at  Tire America the other day, i wanted  to put 205 60 13 'S on
>my stock tiger wheels.
>they said they would sell them to me, but not mount them ,because my rim
>width is to small.   So the ? is ,what's the largest  size tire i can
>fit on my stock rims? is 205 60 13 ok?
>please advise.
>

>              thanx,  don

Robert L. Palmer