charging

To: Joseph.Rodriguez2@PSS.Boeing.com, alpines@autox.team.net,
Subject: charging
From: "Tim Beloney" <65_s5v6@prontomail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:27:51 -0800
Yet another issue.
My battery doesn't seem to be getting a charge.  I have a dash
ammeter that shows no action.  There's a single wire from the
alternator to the ammeter, then another from the ammeter to where the
battery cables connect.  One of my guesses is that the source is the
connection to the alternator.
There are 3 connections for wires on the alt.  The top one reads D+,
the bottom B+, and the center is not labled.  The wire going to the
ammeter is connected to the center connector.  The other two are not
used, which doesn't seem right.
The manual only shows the use of the original wiring harness for the
alternator, with no descriptions of D+, B+, etc.
Another guess is that the ammeter is somehow dead and causing a short.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Tim