Re: Easy Fuse Trick?

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Easy Fuse Trick?
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 17:54:36 -0500
The Tiger fuse system is really antique and inadequate.  I know, I know,
that many have used it for years and it works.

In the ground up resto, wiring was one of the things that was going to change.

So I went to 10 ATO fusses, they are the newer spade fuses, 2 relays for
the hi/low lights, 1 relay for the horns, eliminated the old fuse box,
moved the new fuse box and relays to the kick panel on the left inside,
moved the solenoid to the inside right, under the passenger foot rest,
and provided good grounds everywhere, not sheet metal screws into the
fender like the front turn signals.

I striped off all of the covering on the wiring harness to look for any
fused/melted wires, found 2 places, and rerouted the whole mess to clean
up the engine compartment.

A Big Thank You to Theo Smit, who was a real help on the headlights and
horn wiring with relays.  He sent a great wiring schematic, in Color,
that even a Civil Engineer could follow.

I still have it in my file, if anyone wants it, if Theo agrees, as he is
the Author.

The headlights have a Alpine GT turn signal switch, which when pushed
forward has a separate switch, that I used for a Flash To Pass switch.

It is like many European car, that activates the Hi beams.  The trick
was how do you do it when the low beams are on, and you want to switch
to the Hi beams only when activated.  Well Theo had it figured out in a
snap of the switch.

Oh, BTW one of my fuses cuts the distr out of the circuit.

Thanks again Theo.

Larry