Re: Front X Member Spacer

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Front X Member Spacer
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 19:00:00 -0500
At 01:53 PM 1/30/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Tigers,
>
>Between the Front Xmember and frame there is a spacer approximately 8"
>long X 2" wide (the two bolts for the xmember go through this spacer).
>
>Any ideas on where I can get replacements?
>
>If not, what material(s) should I use to make new ones, and how thick
>should they be.
>
>Mine are really compressed and are in bad shape.
>
>Thnaks in advance for your help.
>
>Tym McDowell

Tym,
        The shim is cast aluminum.  It is 7 7/8" long and 2 " wide.
The shim is tapered. The bottom side is flat and the top side
has a step at the thick end.  The thick end starts at 7/16" thick
and tapers to 11/32 at 2 1/16" from the thick end. At that point
the shim drops off to 7/32" thick and tapers to the 3/16" thin end.
A 3/4" hole is centered 1 3/16" from the thick end. A 7/32" revit hole
is centered 2 1/2" from the thick end.  There is a flat countersink
5/8" id and 1/8" deep around the 7/32" hole on the top side of the
 shim ( side with the step).  A second revit hole with similar countersink
 is centered 5 3/4" from thick end. A second 3/4" hole is centered
7 1/4" from thick end.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others