Chris's visit to San Diego

To: alcon@home.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Chris's visit to San Diego
From: Tiger289@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 13:03:58 EST
To All,
    Chris called me Thursday at about 9am. I gave him direction to my shop
and meet him there. He looked over my race tiger that was on the rotisserie
and said "Wow that sure makes it easy." I also had a customers tiger and
another two of mine to look at. Time for lunch. We meet Dick Barker, Bob
Palmer and Cullen Bennett who just drove his tiger from Tempe, Arizona. Bob
gave Chris a harrowing ride to Dicks. He was still white faced by the time I
got there, but a big smile on his face. We had a good look at Dicks Le Mans
coupe and his white street car. Thank You Dick for the hospitality. Bob had
to go back to ....what's that called .. Oh Ya..WORK. Next stop was my house
where Chris, Cullen, and myself talked more car stuff and looked over my
street car. Now it was time to see a warehouse full of Sunbeam parts and
cars, none other than Smitty's Sunbeam. We spent quite a while talking to
Smitty and looking around, buying a few parts. A quick trip back to my shop
to pick up Chris's car and so Cullen could see what he missed earlier. Time
for Chris to show us his other home. We meet Bob at the Sub Base and Chris
gave us a superb tour of his sub, I think we even went places that where off
limits. Thank You Chris, that was very enjoyabe. Cullen and I had a quick
dinner and he was off. Hope he bad a good trip home. What a day, good
company, good food, good conversation, lots of tigers, what else could one
ask for.
                            Thanks to all,
                                    Andrew Heaton