Safer Fuel Tank

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Safer Fuel Tank
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 15:17:30 -0500
Folks,
      Thanks to all for the responses.  Still haven't
found exactly what I want.  I plan on a foam filled bladder
with a metal enclosure.  I would also like to connect the
filler to the original Tiger gas filler.  I did a lot
of internet searches and many tanks have the plumbing
comming out of the top which would reduce the usable
trunk space even more.  Turns out there are numerious
types of bladders available. The prices range from
around $300 for "standard" bladders to $1500 for the
latest NASCAR approved kevlar re-enforced bladder.
        <http:www.atlinc.com/> had many interesting
fuel cells.  I called them and they stated that there are
many more in their catalog with many options.  They are
sending a catalog via snail mail.  They also build to
your specifications. (I assume this would be more costly).
        I am looking for around 22 or so gallons.  I
haven't carried a spare tire for 15 years, so that is not
a problem, however I do make a lot of trips to the airport
so I need space for my suit case or roll arounds.
        If I find a tank, then I will let the
list know.  I did notice that the hard plastic types
were not listed as being approved by any racing org.
The bladder types were all approved for several racing
org.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others