Fun In Phoenix

To: Alpines@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fun In Phoenix
From: Alpdavegre@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:36:08 EST
To all,

We just got back from the VARA races in Phoenix. Great fun! Met Fellow
Sunbeamers Scott Van Avery, Mike(?) & son, the racers, Larry Young, Dan
Walters, Dale Akuszewski, Tom Sakai, and Allen Connally(?). Lots of great
cars! Fast cars!
Very fast cars. Larry Young and his S5 Alpine took 5th in his class and
looked great.
The Tigers did look great running out on the track. I am not sure how they
finished as we left right after their finish. Some one let us know. Allen had
a problem early in the race and was parked on the side until the end of the
race when a tow truck came for him. I hope he and his Tiger suffered no
serious problems. Talked Sunbeams for awhile got some info on various ways of
doing the Mk 1's suspension, clutch, etc.
Dan showed me a Tiger he is bringing back to Ca. from Phoenix pretty complete
car but the tin worms have really had a field day with it and makes my basket
B947 look very good. For those of you who couldn't go all I can say is try to
I enjoyed it and I hope everyone I met did too!

Dave Green
10 Alps, 1 Mk1 Tiger(still collecting pieces and info).