Re: Suspension, torque arms, etc.

To: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>,
Subject: Re: Suspension, torque arms, etc.
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:51:14 -0800
Theo,

I'm all choked up. Really! As for Sir Isaac, I have been deprived of his
company for quite some time now, but I'm certain that upon noting your
ascendant trajectory, he would react most approvingly. I'll be keeping and
eye out for your analysis of the torque arm and related subjects on your
Web page.

Best regards,

Bob

At 10:06 AM 2/22/00 -0700, Theo Smit wrote:
>Bob, and Listers,
>
>After spending last evening making diagrams and cranking numbers, I stand
>corrected (with Isaac Newton's stern gaze burning a hole in my forehead) on
>the torque arm causing more weight transfer under braking issue. If I get my
>diagrams a little more organized (and once I complete the analysis of what
>really happens under braking, with and without the torque arm), I will put
>it on my web page.
>
>Regards,
>Theo

Robert L. Palmer