newbie here

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: newbie here
From: Steve Pentlicki <Steve.Pentlicki@wcom.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:50:36 -0500
Hello list,

I am a new list member, but a long time fan of the Tiger. I have joined the
list because it now really seems possible that I will buy one, and I want to
learn as much as possible before doing so.

I am 32 y/o and live near D.C., in Virginia. I am a fan of all this Ford,
which solidified my interest in Tigers, as well as Panteras. I am a mustang
freak, having had a 72 mach 1 351C, and now owning two late model 5.0 liter
mustangs ('89 and '93) and a 4 cyl. '85 mustang.

I found out about Tigers probably about 15 years ago when my parents told me
how they used to compete in road ralleys in the the NY and NJ area. My
mother's father owned a car dealership that sold Tigers and Jags, etc. My
parents would go to the show room and pick a car that they would drive in
that weekend's race, and then return it the next Monday. One such car was
the Tiger and they said it was a blast to drive. Thus, the seed was planted
in my mind. When I learned that it was a ford v8 and that shelby's
fingerprints were on it, the car shot to the top of my most wanted list.

I've been bouncing around between buying a Pantera, building a cobra
replica, buying a Tiger and buying a a 65/66 Mustang Fastback.  I am a
little overdosed on Mustangs, Pantera seems too high mantenance, I can
always build a cobra, and I want in on Tiger action before prices get too
high, if ever.

I am looking for a nice driver that is at least cosmetically original. I
don't mind tasteful and thoughtful performance upgrades.
 thanks for listening,
steve