Fuel Tank

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Tank
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:39:05 -0500
Folks,
        I ordered a custom FIA approved fuel cell from Fuel
Safe for $750. They claim 30 days delivery.  I have the
request for quote drawing in .gif if any one is interested.
Can only send individually as the Tiger net stops attachments.

 I plan to mount the battery  in place of the right side
 saddle tank and run a 2 1/4" hose to the existing
filler on the fender.  There are roll over valves in
both the filler and the vent.  The tank should fit in
the floor of the Tiger trunk with the only modifications
being the holes for the four hold down bolts.  This tank
will be FIA approved and labled as such with backup
paperwork.  The Pro Cell material is ballistic nylon
coated with neoprene.  Mark of Fuel Safe says that they
make up a cardboard mock up, wrap it in the nylon
and then coat with neoprene for a seamless construction.
 The fuel sender will be calibrated to the fuel gauge.
 The fuel pickup is an AN #6. Volumn is
30 X 21.75 X 7.75 / 231=21.89 Gal.
Probably only 21 gal considering the foam inside.
 A .063 Tig welded aluminum case will enclose the
 fuel cell.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others