Re-restoration of 260 Alpine

To: "'Tiger'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re-restoration of 260 Alpine
From: Jonathan Evans <jonathan.evans@microcraftcorp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:45:28 -0500
I've been lurking the list in digest mode since November and I'll finally
have some input in the next few weeks.  My father and I (with the help of a
local shop) are putting a new Jasper's Class II 289 (280HP, 315ft.lbs
http://www.jasperengines.com) in soon.  Hopefully.  Keep the fingers
crossed.
Replacing out of balance dirt track special 302.

-Original valve covers have looked better.  Any thoughts on how to rechrome
these with the engine code/info plate stamped on there?

-Tach used to read consistently high after heating up.  There seemed to be
some daunting electrical instructions on a web site somewhere on how to fix
this, but I can't find it any longer.  Care to give hints?

-Any clutch recommendations?  I'm looking into the centerforce gold right
now.

-Are there any quality exhaust systems out there?  Remember seeing the
Stainless Steel one in one of the catalogs for like $600.  Anything
cheaper?

Car hasn't been driven in nearly 2 years, so I'm sure I'll have about a
hundred questions when we get it going again.  We have different opinions
on what to do about the suspension problems.  It needs some serious help
turning corners. More on this later.  I'm beginning to get together
information on all things suspension about tigers.  But first things first.

Will keep you posted.

Jonathan Evans
66 tiger in NC