Speedometer

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer
From: Hal436@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:07:40 EST
I just picked up an un-restored 1966 Tiger last Saturday (B382000704). The
previous owner had informed me that since an engine re-build in 1989 the
speedometer has registered 10 MPH high and the tachometer has registered
about 1000 RPM's high.    According to him, both of these instruments are
original and have not been serviced. From all outward appearances, there are
no obvious problems; needle oscillation, noises, etc.  The clutch was
re-built when the engine was done,but there was no work done on the
transmission.
The car has not been driven very much in the last 10/11 years; 6000 miles
since the engine re-build in 1989.  I suspect that these problems could be
due to the fact that the car has not been used much, however,  I have not had
the opportunity to get it on the road as I am still in the process of
registering the car.

I would appreciate any comments as to where I should begin to look for
resolution to  these problems.

Thanks,   Hal Jean