Re: Convertible Top Questions

To: Tiger News Group List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Convertible Top Questions
From: "Joseph Parlanti" <jparlanti@genelogic.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:28:26 -0400
--------------83FF3BAA865F90922F1D29D6

Listers,

I'm a big fan of powder coating. I've had people do things for me, and have also
used the Eastwood Co. Hot Coat system (http://www.eastwoodcompany.com). I must
admit a certain amount of skepticism when I first purchased the Eastwood system,
but it works amazingly well. Last summer, when I restored my front suspension, I
powder coated every part myself with the exception of the main crossmember and
sway bar. They were too large to fit in the oven I use for curing the powder.
I'll bet I used less than 10 oz. of powder for everything that I coated. The
system is clean, quiet, relatively inexpensive, extremely durable, and
environmentally friendly. Another big plus; you clean everything with compressed
air!

In regards to powder coating the top bows, just mask off the areas that rotate
against each other. Eastwood sells some expensive heat resistant masking tape,
but you can use any type as long as you peel it off before the part goes in the
oven.

The system is $150 and requires a compressor (10 psi) and an electric oven or
Eastwood's incredibly expensive ($450), infrared system. The nice thing about
the infrared system is that you can do large parts. I'd sure like to find a less
costly alternative myself.

Regards,

Joe Parlanti
B382002371

--

Joseph V. Parlanti

--------------83FF3BAA865F90922F1D29D6
 name="jparlanti.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Parlanti;Joseph
tel;pager:888-329-9525
tel;cell:301-461-0626
tel;fax:301-987-1804
tel;home:240-632-0649
tel;work:301-987-1754
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.genelogic.com
org:Data Management Systems;Computing Infrastructure Support
adr:;;708 Quince Orchard Rd.;Gaithersburg;Md.;20878;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jparlanti@genelogic.com
title:Sr. Group Leader, Computing Infrastructure Support
fn:Joseph Parlanti
end:vcard

--------------83FF3BAA865F90922F1D29D6--