Re: Aluminum filter housing

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum filter housing
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 06:54:22 -0400
Roger that, Steve.

The lack of clearance using the LAT-like aluminum air filter housing was
proably disappointing enough, but a body shop taking it upon themselves
to "make it fit" almost put me over the top when I read it.

I got my aluminum housing from Tiger Tom, and I have to assume that he
would know if there were any clearance problems with any common
applications, like different carbs and/or intake manifold changes, and
none were noted.Knowing how thorough Tom is, I have to assume there is
something maybe unique about Dan's application. In the end, I found a
stock steel air filter housing for my 289/F4B/Holley 1850 setup and I
sold my aluminum housing without trying it on the car.
If anyone can help Dan, I'll bet it's TTTTom.

On another note, when I took my car to the body shop for finish work and
painting, the painter just ignored my instructions. I told him to leave
on the quarter windows on the doors and mask around, and I carefully
left on the I.D. plate and masked just the plate myself. When I got the
car back, the quarter windows had been removed, stripping some of the
attaching hardware, and he removed the tape on the I.D. plate and
painted over it. Dan's experience refreshed my mind about that period.

As for Dan's case, it simply might be a case of replacing the carb. The
pix, by the way, were very instructional. Good luck,Dan