Re: Upgrade Time?? My 2 cents...

To: Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upgrade Time?? My 2 cents...
From: rootes <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:36:17 -0700

"BRENNAN,STUART (A-Andover,ex1)" wrote:

> The easiest way to perform all these upgrades is to get yourself down to the
> nearest used car lot and buy yourself some sort of generic daily driver. It
> will already have all of the things you want, be quieter, and more
> comfortable..........

I say, forget that. Put in the AC and use the Tiger as your daily driver. I
currently drive an Alpine as my daily driver (I put about 15,000 miles a year on
it) and did the same when I had my Tiger (in which I had installed AC, also with
major help from Ed Esslinger). I'm getting ready to either, A Install AC in the
Alpine, or B., buy another Tiger and put AC in that (anyone out here on the west
coast thinking of selling their Tiger?? Let me know.)

So you get a dent or a ding in it once in awhile. Get it fixed if that happens.
Unless you want your car to be a show piece, use it as Lord Rootes intended, as
a car to get places every day.

Once you get the mechanical bugs out of the car, I've found Sunbeams to be just
about as reliable as any other car (just do your routine maintenance
religiously), and one heck of a lot more fun than any of them.

I expect to hear about how your AC install goes and how much fun you're having
driving it every day!

Steve Sage
Woodland Hills, Calif. (Southern California)