Re: Painting the Spare

To: deiland1@elp.rr.com, rootes1@best.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting the Spare
From: "scott van every" <irishve@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:09:49 PDT
Dan and Fellow Listers:
I would think that you should just keep the original spare as is, in the
garage. Perhaps you could paint only the side that has no numbers or letters
on it. Keep the painted side showing. Use it only when you go to shows, and
point out that it was indeed original. If you got a flat anywhere else, you
probably would not want to use the 30+ year old tire anyway. Tire people
don't suggest using a tire after a shelf life of 8 years anyway.
Scott
B9471989