Headers help needed

Subject: Headers help needed
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:33:06 -0500
We're installing a set of headers purchased from Sunbeam Specialties and my
mechanic has some questions and concerns:

1) The motor mounts barely clear the headers.  Do the headers have to be
dented to create more clearance?

2) I've got a shorty oil filter and it won't work with the headers.  What is
a recommended remote filter setup?

3) The fuel line runs right by the headers.  He is concerned about the
potential for vapor lock, and wants to reroute the line over top of the
engine.  Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

I'm sure these questions have been addressed before, but I never paid
attention because I wasn't planning on installing headers.  Since the engine
was coming out anyway to work on the transmission, I decided it was cheap
horsepower.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 (currently in pieces)